1. Urban Planning including town planning. 2. Regulations of land-used construction of buildings. 3. Planning for economic and social development. 4. Roads and Bridges. 5. Water supply for domestic, industrial and commercial purposes. 6. Public health, sanitation conservancy, and solid waste management. 7. Fire services. 8. Urban forestry, protection of the environment and promotion of ecological aspects. 9. Safeguarding the interest of weaker sections of society, including the handicapped and mentally retarded. 10. Slum improvement and upgradation. 11. Urban poverty alleviation. 12. Provision of urban amenities and facilities such as parks, gardens, play-gardens. 13. Promotion of cultural, educational and aesthetic aspects. 14. Burial and burial grounds, cremations, cremation grounds and electric crematoriums. 15. Cattle ponds, prevention of cruelty to animals. 16. Vital statistics including registration of births and deaths. 17. Public amenities including street lighting, parking lots, bus stops and public conveniences. 18. Regulations of slaughterhouses and tanneries. 18. The construction, maintenance and cleaning of drains and drainage works and of public latrines, urinals and similar conveniences; 20. The construction and maintenance of works and means for supplying water for public and private purposes. 21. The scavenging, removal, and disposal of filth, rubbish, and other obnoxious or polluted matters; 22. The reclamation of unhealthy localities the removal of noxious vegetation and generally the abatement of all nuisances; 23. Planting and care of trees on road sides. 24. The naming and numbering of streets and premises. 25. The laying out of the maintenance of public parks, gardens or recreation grounds. 26. The maintenance of fire-brigade and the protection of life and property in the case of fire. 27. Survey of buildings and lands. 28. The construction and maintenance of municipal markets and the regulation thereof. 29. The securing or removal of dangerous buildings and places. 30. Measures for preventing the checking the spread of dangerous diseases. 31. The construction, maintenance, alteration and improvements of public streets, bridges, culverts, causeways and the like. 32. The lightning, watering, and cleaning of public streets and other public places. 33. The removal of obstructions and projections in or upon streets, bridges and other public places.
1. The furtherance of education including cultural and physical education.
2. The establishment and maintenance of, and aid to libraries, museums, art galleries, botanical or zoological collections;
3. The establishment and maintenance of, and aid to stadia, gymnasia, kharas and places for sports and games;
4. The registration of marriages;
5. The taking of the census of population;
6. The civic reception to persons of distinction;
7. The providing of music or other entertainments in public places of places of public resort and the establishment of theatres and cinemas;
8. The organization and management of fairs and exhibitions;
9. The provision for relief to destitute and disabled persons;
10. Public vaccination and inculcation;
1. Councillor, other than being responsible for the well-being of own ward, strive for the well-being and benefits of the entire city.
2. Participate in meetings of councils, committee meetings, and other relevant agencies.
3. Participate in the design and evaluation of urban programs and policies.
4. The issues dealt with are in particular at the meeting of the Management Board.
5. Find out all information about the operation and management of the administrative director of the city government.
6. Perform similar or necessary tasks.